Low Carb Zucchini Noodles

Let me start this out by saying that I had ZERO hope for this being an easy recipe swap! I had no doubt that it may be easy to prepare...my concern is that it wouldn't work as a relateable swap for me. I hate to admit that I probably shook in fear as I took my first bite. Although I am a vegetarian, I am not what I would call a "veggie lover". I have a core group of veggies that I like and everything else needs hidden in my food (yes, just like a child). I am a self diagnosed carb addict and the thought of a mouth full of veggies substituting themselves for enriched pasta goodness...well, it simply wasn't anything I was interested in exploring. All of this being said, I am working on losing a few pounds so any attempt at a healthy pasta is something I was ready to try.



So, I started with some zucchini- normal, plain, boring zucchini. Luckily, I had a vegetti on hand that I had yet to crack open. I guess there is no time like the present! It took me about 6 minutes to do 4 zucchini. You simply turn the zucchini in the contraption and out comes beautiful strings that do resemble pasta. If you don't have one of these handy gadgets...don't worry! You can hand slice these for thicker "egg noodle" looking pasta.


STEP ONE COMPLETED! Gorgeous Noodles,

Next, you have  a few options. You can boil them for about 1 minute, sautee them, or I hear you can bake them. My vote was the sautee, they stayed nice and firm and really absorbed the flavors well.

Now top it with your favorite sauce or toss it with olive oil, seasonings and veggies.
My completed Meal! It LOOKS like Pasta!

Yes, IT REALLY IS THAT EASY! I was stunned. What was even more awesome is that my kids ate some as well. If you are making a plate for one...I would do 2 zucchini because it does tend to "shrink" down just a bit when cooked.

This was simply too easy not to try!
Sorry, I was so impressed that I took another picture!


The low carb diet is the only diet that has ever really worked for me. The last time I was "serious", I was able to drop 40 pounds in just 2 months. This diet is easy to stick to if you are willing to be adventureous, able to prepare foods for yourself, and have the willpower to refrain from sugars & carbohydrates. These are hard for me to avoid and for maximim effect, I have to eat less than 20 carbs a day -- that is a piece of bread!

If you lack a little bit of the same willpower that I do but you want to see results, we can help! ITWORKS has two different items that are each formulated to enhance your healthy diet!

FATFIGHTER - helps to block carbs and prevent gat absorbtion. It also helps to keep blood sugar spikes at bay.

THERMOFIT - more of an appetite suppresent and energy boost that also helps to speed up your metabolism.

Interested? Let us hook you up and help you reach your weightloss goals!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and simple healthy meal swap! Let us know...

What is your "go-to" meal swap or what meal would you like up to tackle converting into a healthy - not sticking on your hips meal?!


MyCleanerLabelLife

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment